EYELASHES ARE HIGH MAINTENANCE
Your lashes will need extra attention to look good between fills because preserving these beautiful additions to your eyes should be the goal.
- Do not use oil-based cleansers and makeup removers as they cause the glue to breakdown.
- Avoid using mascara over them because removing it can snag the extensions, causing them to fall out prematurely.
- You must be careful when washing your eye area as any movement of your lashes will increase the lash falling out or getting twisted around.
- Do not let water from the shower fall directly on your face as the pressure will make the lash extension loosen and shed faster.
- Do not rub your face with a towel or press your face too hard into the pillow when you sleep.
- Use a dry mascara wand (your lash technician will give you one) at least once a day in the morning or several times during the day, as needed, to comb through your lashes and gently straighten them out, especially if they get wet. Careful! If you tug to much they’ll loosen and fall out. The extensions easily get twisted around from sleeping positions and after washing your face and they can start looking really odd.
- Be careful how you apply makeup. Avoid oil-based skin care products around the eyes as well as greasy eye pencils and concealers as they will breakdown the eyelash glue. Also avoid applying heavy eyeliner as removing it tugs at the lashes, resulting in more fallout. Use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to take off makeup at your lash line.
- The more dramatic the lash, meaning thicker, the more likely it is to get twisted and fall out earlier than you want.
- Apply mineral water after the beach and swimming pool.
If you are very careful in how you take care of your eye area after having lash extensions applied your lash extensions can hold up pretty well. But straying from the guidelines can cause a mess, with the lashes coming off sooner than they would have otherwise.
How often you need a “fill” depends on your own natural eyelash growth cycle and on how well you take care of your lashes. Taking care of your lash extensions is a big deal.